You are here
Healthcare Charitable Contributions
Pfizer Support for Not-for-Profit Organization Healthcare Related Patient Programs
体育投注正规网址Pfizer and its legacy companies have a strong tradition of funding external, independent, not-for-profit organizations to support shared goals and to demonstrate our commitment to fund programs and activities that provide broad public benefit, advance medical care and improve patient outcomes. These external, independent, not-for-profit organizations include patient advocacy groups, professional medical associations, and other U.S.-based charitable organizations with 501(c)(3) tax status. Pfizer strives to ensure that our continued alignment with external, independent, not-for-profit organizations is conducted in strict compliance with relevant laws and regulations, industry codes, external standards and internal Pfizer policies and procedures.
体育投注正规网址One category of funding that Pfizer provides to qualified 501(c)(3) organizations is "Healthcare Charitable Contributions". Pfizer provides limited support for certain healthcare related programs/activities for patients.
Definition:体育投注正规网址 For purposes of Pfizer's funding of external, independent, not-for-profit organizations, programs eligible for Healthcare Charitable Contributions are limited to the following: 1) patient education, including health screening; 2) patient advocacy for disease awareness, and 3) patient access to care (e.g., transportation costs). Pfizer does not receive any significant value in terms of goods or services in return for its support. Pfizer does not support studies or research through its Healthcare Charitable Contributions program.
We recognize that there may be diverse understandings of the term Healthcare Charitable Contributions. Pfizer has its own specific definition of this term that complies with our internal policies. We encourage external, independent, not-for-profit organizations to look at other Pfizer resources for guidance on funding of activities that do not fit this definition of Healthcare Charitable Contributions. One such resource is zawajfun.com/independentgrants.
Requests for healthcare charitable contributions must be submitted according to the quarterly schedule noted below:
Application Cycle Decision Communicated
Deadline to sign LOA Estimated
Start Date of Program/Activity
Dec 1, 2019 - Jan 15, 2020 Mar 2, 2020
体育投注正规网址Minimum of 2 weeks before start date or the decision will reverse to denied
April 1, 2020 or later Mar 1, 2020 - April 15, 2020 June 1, 2020 July 1, 2020 or later June 1, 2020 - July 15, 2020 Sept 4, 2020 Oct 1, 2020 or later Sept 1, 2020 - Oct 15, 2020 Dec 4, 2020 Jan 1, 2021 or later
- Pfizer will not fund a patient program/activity after the start date has passed.
- The patient program/activity must be aligned with a listed area of interest, refer to the "Important Deadlines and Dates" section above for the current year's list.
- The target learner audience may not include healthcare professionals.
- If Pfizer decides to provide a healthcare charitable contribution, the organization must sign a Letter of Agreement.
- For all funded programs, the organization must complete an Acknowledgment Form following the conclusion of the patient program/activity.
- A description of the program and its objectives
- IRS determination letter confirming the organization's 501(c)(3) tax status
- IRS Form W-9 Tax Identification Number and Certification