Through these relationships and others, we look for synergistic opportunities to help suppliers achieve better, more sustainable EHS performance.
In particular, we aim to:
- Contribute to a more sustainable global supply chain.
- Ensure our suppliers follow the PSCI's Pharmaceutical Industry Principles for Responsible Supply Chain Management.
- Build EHS capacity in our supply chain.
Notable actions in our Supplier Partnerships include:
- Aligning with internal partners to establish a global sustainability survey for distribution to key suppliers.
- Working directly with suppliers to perform energy assessments, sharing good practices in greenhouse gas emission reductions, saving costs, and energy efficiencies.
- Supporting the PSCI which was adopted by other biopharmaceutical companies dedicated to helping suppliers achieve better environmental, health and safety performance while improving labor standards.
- Establishing a partnership with the ISC, an organization committed to advancing sustainability in developing countries through education and training.
Recent performance achievements include:
- Completion of energy assessments at key suppliers.
- Harmonization of supplier sustainability surveys across Pfizer.
- Implementation support of PSCI's "" and, along with other member companies, asking suppliers to pledge commitment to them.
- Providing technical materials for incorporation into ISC training curriculum at the .